Fake it till you make it is a popular saying used by almost everybody. But what does it really mean? And why do we even recommend people to – fake it till they make it?
To give you some context, this is how you define fake it till you make it.
1. Act like the person you want to become.
- Act like a confident person would act.
- Treat yourself the same way a confident person treats themselves.
- Adopt the habits of a confident person.
- Use the same words a confident person would use. Eg – I’m more than good enough, I’m more than capable.
- Treat yourself like a queen or a king.
- Love yourself the same way a confident person would. In a non, arrogant kind of way.
- Ignore and push aside negative criticism the same way a confident person would.
- Being scared but facing your fears regardless like a confident person would.
- Accepting yourself for who you are like a confident person would.
Faking it till you make it is about acting like the person you want to become, until you become it.
The same way an amateur singer acts like a professional singer until they become a professional singer. Or a business man acts like a successful business man before becoming successful in business.
The same principle applies to all areas of life.